Architecture & Professional Services for All!
Introducing Hosted Continuity Cloud 2.0!
Dr Chris O’Leary, Hosted Continuity
“So you see! There's no end to the things you might know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.”
‐ Dr Seuss
A century ago, less than 1% of Australians owned their own motor vehicle. In 1951 the world’s first commercially useful computer, the UNIVAC, was developed at a cost of over $1 million. As recently as yesterday, you almost had to be a Fortune 500 company to afford architecture and a level of
professional service in ICT that was in any way capable of keeping you to speed.
Now there is Hosted Continuity Cloud 2.0. Now the horizon is that much closer, and the Cloud massively within reach.
When a development of this nature and magnitude takes place, you can actually sense the dawn of a new era. Business owners and corporates all over town are waking up to discover that contextual architecture is suddenly very available and genuinely affordable, as are a range of services that will allow them to streamline the operating systems of their organisation.
Introducing Hosted Continuity Cloud 2.0.
To put that into perspective: the current Cloud (Cloud 1.0) provides technology services as required by an organisation. This is obviously a cost effective measure, since the company is now spared the expense of developing, maintaining and supporting the necessary infrastructure.
Cloud computing currently offers a range of services, including:
- Infrastructure-as-a-service; such as computing hardware, block data storage and network services.
- Platform-as-a-service; including database management systems, identity management and software object storage.
- Application-as-a-service, including business intelligence, enterprise software (CRM, ERP), security, collaboration, content management and so on.
- Software-as-a-service; including development and testing environments and versioning.
Far beyond zebra.
Hosted Continuity’s Cloud 2.0 extends the benefits of Cloud computing to include architectural, analytical, process, design, implementation, execution and support services. Utilising the Cloud and knowledge communities, it provides a suite of ICT services and knowledge, for the most part through virtual delivery.
At present, relevant information is sourced worldwide via these knowledge communities, before being quality assessed, collated and provided on need to subscribers. The breakthrough aspect is that it does away with resource overheads and long-term consultancy engagements.
It’s just brilliant.
What are the benefits of Cloud 2.0?
The principal benefits of Cloud 2.0 are aligned to and extend the benefits of the Cloud, and include:
- Faster project execution and implementation;
- Reduced costs;
- Access to specialist resources when needed.
- Greater flexibility;
Allows ICT and the business to shift focus to concentrate on business innovation.
The results to date are impressive. Benchmarking Cloud 2.0 against the traditional, full-time, consultant-led approach reveals cost savings of up to 70 per cent, as well as implementation time savings of 50 per cent and above.
So what does Cloud 2.0 look like?
If you could schematize it, it would look like this:
In the above diagram, specialist content is obtained from a growing and evolving set of explicit and implicit data sources and synthesised and qualified by Hosted Continuity to be provided to consuming organisations as a service via Cloud 2.0. Such services may consist of specialist consultant resources and/or other work products such as designs, solutions, troubleshooting services, numerous services for specific elements such as security, business process engineering & automation, enterprise, business, information, & infrastructure architecture, and so on.
What does Cloud 2.0 cover?
Cloud 2.0 utilises knowledge management search, retention and refinement algorithms to leverage social collaboration and knowledge ecosystems, so it continues to evolve to encompass emerging trends as well as best practice for established technologies.
A general overview of the broad and increasing set of subject areas covered by Hosted Continuity’s Cloud 2.0 solution could be presented thus:
Governance & Architectural Strategy
- Alignment to Corporate Strategy
- Capability Assessment
- Roadmaps & Blueprints
- Certification & Compliance
- Maturity Enhancement
- Training and Development
- Cloud Strategy & Implementation
- Business Activity / Service Monitoring & SLA measurement
- Incident / Problem Management
- Dispatch & Field Service Management
- Change Management
- Data Warehousing
- Data Migration
- Master Data Management
- Specific BI Algorithms (e.g. trending, forecasting, pattern recognition, etc.)
- ESB (IBM, Tibco, Oracle, Microsoft, Software AG, Open Source, etc.
- B2B, SOA & Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- BPM Portals Entity Recognition
- Current State Assessment
- Business Building Blocks
- Business Value Chain analysis
- Business Transformative Architecture
- Process analysis & re-design
- Process Automation
- Target Business Architecture Models Mobility
- Operational risk management Policies
- Database and Data Governance
- Document Management
- Web 3.0 / Semantic Web
- Content Management
- Data Quality
- Metadata Management
- Search & Navigation
- Big Data
- In Memory Data Grids
- Enterprise Canonical Data Models
- Identity management
- Network Security
- Physical Security
- Firewall Protection
- Data Leakage Protection
- Intrusion Prevention
- Layer Protection
- Virus / Malware Prevention
- Threat & Vulnerability Management
- Endpoint Protection
- Certificate Authority
Infrastructure / Network Architecture
- Data centre / Cloud
- Grid Architecture
- Network & Communications
- Infrastructure Utilisation & Strategy
- Backup & Archiving
- Appliances Office Management
- Database infrastructure
- Web Infrastructure
- Environment Management
Business Continuity Management
- High / Continuous Availability Architecture
- Business Continuity Planning & Execution
- Risk and Compliance
- Standards Disaster Recovery
- Patch Management
- Audit Management
So what’s in it for me?
How can my company benefit from Architecture-on-Demand?
- You are in control. Clients of Hosted Continuity Cloud 2.0 can select and review high calibre
resources that meet their specific needs, paying only for what they actually use.
- No overheads or invading hordes of consultants: Cloud 2.0 is largely virtual, and you can access high quality ICT specialist services and artefacts at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods.
- Current and high quality. Hosted Continuity’s knowledge management and collaboration communities ensure that architectural knowledge is current and qualified by actual consensus and experience.
- Security. The intellectual property of our clients is fully protected, with no data shared without explicit permission. Hosted Continuity engages in commercial arrangements and non-disclosure agreements with all client organisations to ensure sensitive and commercial-in-confidence data is 100% protected at all times. You are always in control.
- Proven results. Cloud 2.0 has produced outstanding results for a wide range of large, medium and small Australian and international organisations across a wide spectrum of industry types. Contact Hosted Continuity directly for case studies and reference sites attesting to the value that can be provided by Cloud 2.0.